Reality-Based Personal Protection Defensive Tactics course:
Safety is the primary concern for all Reality-Based Personal Protection courses, and you will be allowed to go at your pace at your own skill level. The second priority is that everybody keeps their egos outside of the classroom and fosters a positive learning environment.
You will learn, by doing:
- the proper distances at which to place yourself for various threats
- the three Threat Zones by participating in various real-life scenarios. This is also where you will learn all about the Alert Stance and Imminent conflict stance.
- arm strikes (open handed and closed fist) blocks and tactical movement. We'll include unarmed and armed scenarios.
- realistic leg strikes, be it with your foot or with your knees as these an be a powerful weapon at your disposal.
- the Criminal Assault Cycle and the tell tale signs known as Conflict Indicators. We'll introduce you to Kinetic Sensation Response Drills that will help you block or redirect the attacker’s blows in low light or no visibility fights.
- Whether you will ever use it or not, you will learn to do Head Strikes (or “head butts") in various ways that increase your safety and inflict the desired result on your perpetrator.
Whether you are a beginner or a black belt you will find a lot to learn on how to strike a human being IF NECESSARY. With all of these techniques you will learn legal issues as relevant to the UK, whilst also using the Jim Wagner Use-of-Force Graph, which you will inevitably face if you use your martial arts skills.
BE A HARD TARGET.