Actions and Detail Panel
Delivering Construction Performance through BIM
Tue, 8 Nov 2016, 09:00 – Wed, 9 Nov 2016, 17:00 GMT
This course from the CIOB is designed to empower you to use Building Information Modelling skills to produce a better outcome for your clients. The CIOB has developed this course to help the industry demonstrate that it has a broad sweep of key staff able to use BIM techniques and that it can meet the requirements of Government PQQs which will demand BIM capabilities from April 2016. CIOB members, Chartered Building Companies, Chartered Building Consultanices and the CIOB Training Partnerships automatically qualify for significantly reduced rates.
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- understand the basic principles of a BIM approach
- recognise typical models, technology and the common data environment
- identify the business case for BIM in any project
- improve safety and the management of risk by using BIM principles
- respond to an Employer's Information Request and develop a BIM execution plan
- understand how BIM requirements can be implemented within the project's legal, procurement and tendering framework
- recognise the legal and project risk implications of BIM in terms of intellectual property, insurances and potential liabilities
- understand how BIM principles can be used to improve performance
Who is it for?
This course is essential for anyone who is involved in a construction or project management role or who is responsible for tendering or responding to PQQs.
Terms and conditions
If a course is cancelled by CIOB, delegate fees will be refunded in full. Delegate cancellation terms are as follows:
Up to 90 days’ notice – 100% refund will be made
89-60 days’ notice – 50% refund will be made
59-30 days’ notice – 25% refund will be made
29 days’ notice or fewer – no refund will be made
All requests for refunds must be received by CIOB in writing. Substitutions can be made at any time. Transfers to a different course can be made if notice is given to CIOB at least one month from the date of the course booked.
The CIOB reserves the right to alter the arrangements as described due to unforeseen circumstances.
The CIOB does not warrant the content of the courses offered by third parties. All bookings with training organisations other than CIOB will be made directly with those organisations and their terms and conditions will apply.
Views and opinions offered by trainers are their own and do not necessarily reflect the guidance or opinions of CIOB or its trustees.