Waypoints Verwood is inviting the community, including carers with their loved-ones living with dementia*, to come and find out more about living well with dementia.
At the event, you'll pick up tips and advice from our in-house experts.
Plus, our guest speaker, Stuart Bradford, Partner at Coles Miller Solicitors LLP will talk about setting up a Power of Attorney and help you make the right decisions for loved ones if they are unable to in the future.
Here are the timings of the event (pre-booking is essential):
10am – Arrival time. Tea/ coffee and homemade cake available.
10.15 - Talk from Carl Bradley, Waypoints' Director of Care Services:
- understanding dementia
- tips & advice - caring for loved-ones with dementia:
- positivity of yes
- emotional comfort
10.45 - Guest speaker: Stuart Bradford, Partner at Coles Miller Solicitors LLP will talk about:
- why arranging a Power of Attorney is essential
- what types of Power of Attorney are there and choosing the right one
- the pitfalls and how to overcome them
11.05 - Put your questions to the speakers
11.15 - Join in with/ observe an activity with residents
11.30- Guided viewings around the home
Please note: Pre-booking is essential. As there are limited spaces available, booking is advised by Sunday 11th December to avoid disappointment.
(Or, call 01425 486760 for bookings or queries. Telephone line open Monday - Friday 9-5)
* Carers are welcome to bring their loved-one living with dementia along to the Information Morning. They are either welcome to join the Information Morning, or can be looked after by our specialist team of carers and join in with our activities whilst carers listen to the talks.