Demystifying the Scottish Parliament
This event gives Chief Officers and senior managers the opportunity to learn more about how the Scottish Parliament works and how to make your voice heard.
(Limited numbers so book early to avoid disappointment)
- Do you want to understand the business of the Scottish Paliament?
- Are you unsure how to influence and make your voice heard at Parliamentary level?
- Want to learn more about how Bills are made and passed?
If the answer is yes, join a small group of ACOSVO members for a hands-on, interactive session at the Scottish Parliament.
Learn about the Parliament and how bills are passed; sit in on a committee debating a Bill; interact with reseachers and clerks who work to advise MSP's; and understand how you can make Parliament stronger by becoming more engaged.
- Understanding Parliamentary business
- How Bills are introduced, adapted and passed
- How to submit evidence so it is effective
- Looking at a third sector related case study with reseachers and clerks
- Other ways of engaging with the Parliament
- Optional tour of the building and attending a debate in the Chamber.
When & Where
Our Vision is: 'Excellent Third Sector Leadership in Scotland'
Our Mission is to:
Shape the future of Scotland's third sector by providing every leader with opportunities to develop, influence and excel
If you are a third sector leader in Scotland click HERE to become a member of ACOSVO or to find out more