Ollie Jones might have had a point, but I think there's a case to be made that in the Digital Age it's data, not love, that makes the world go round.
- Martin Belam, the information architect in the Guardian's web development team. He blogs at Currybetdonet.
- Paul Bradshaw, author of the Online Journalism Blog and convenor of the HelpMeInvestigate project.
- Julian Tait, an organiser of the FutureEverything conference who's working to make Manchester the UK's first OpenData City.
- Propublica reporter Olga Pierce and news application developer Jeff Larson will discuss the process of building layered data stories at the Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative news site.
- Finally: Are you and your organisation struggling to respond to the scope and the pace of the challenges? Oscar Westlund, a Swedish mobile researcher, suggests there are lessons to be learned from martial arts.
The programme starts with registration and lunch at 12:45pm and concludes 5pm with a networking reception that wraps up at 6pm.
When & Where
Journalism Leaders Programme
The Journalism Leaders Programme at the University of Central Lancashire, Preston: http://www.ukjournalism.org/jleaders / Twitter: @jleaders @francoisnel