Tackling Female Genital Mutilation in Mental Health services - a workshop for NHS professionals to learn about FGM, safeguarding and how to care run by the Department of Health FGM Prevention programme team.
What will you learn?
- Refresh your understanding of FGM
- How to provide good care and support women, girls and families affected by FGM within mental health care settings
- What are NHS mental health trusts' FGM responsibilities
Who should attend?
- Designated Safeguarding Leads of NHS Mental Health Trusts
- MH Named leads for Safeguarding
- Community Development Workers
- Professionals providing mental health services in England
You will receive joining instructions one week prior to the workshop.
If you are attending a workshop in person, we will confirm locations by 11 January 2017.