The aim of this 6-session course is to give you some basic skills, knowledge and confidence to design or revamp your own garden to suit your lifestyle and budget.
By the end of the course you will be able to draw up a scale plan, with at least one planting plan for a bed, have a clear idea of the materials you want to use for the hard landscaping, and an idea of the cost to turn your plan into reality, plus a schedule of work.
Over the six sessions:
*How to survey your plot and create a site plan
* How to measure your garden and draw up a scale drawing
* Look at different “styles” of garden to clarify your own vision and create a mood board
* Make decisions about the “soft” design for your garden – the planting – the evergreen structure, the seasonal garden, focal points; the form, texture and colour of the plants chosen, the role of seasonal maintenance and long-term management
* Look at elements of hard landscaping. The structural framework – paving materials, structures and barriers, changes of level, seating and outdoor furniture, lighting, irrigation and water features, containers and ornament, use of environmentally responsible materials
* To fully benefit from the course you can prepare some work at home to make a more complete plan. There will be the chance for the sharing of ideas within a collaborative and supportive environment.
Cost: £235 – to include tea/coffee and cake each week!
Dates: WEDNESDAY MORNINGS – 10.30am to 1.30pm – 28 September, 5 and 12 October, then 2, 16 and 30 November 2016