Are you the designated safeguarding lead? This training aims to build your confidence in fulfilling this key role. It covers necessary actions when you or a member of your team are concerned about the welfare of a child or young person. You will consider your role in early intervention and child protection processes. It's perfect if you have not had this training before, or if you need a good quality refresher.
We will help you
- Explore the role and responsibilities of the designated lead
- Understand how to make a quality referral to children's services - social care
- Consider the necessity for information sharing, confidentiality and good records
- Understand early intervention processes
- Understand safer working practices for supervision, recruitment and policy development
By the end of the training you will...
- Be more confident in your role and responsibilities as the designated lead for safeguarding
- Be clear about how to make a quality referral to social care
- Have raised awareness of early intervention processes
- Be more confident and informed in sharing information and record keeping
Transport links and parking
Parking - There is a pay and display car park next to the Phoenix with its entrance on Burton Street. Parking costs £4 all day. For alternative parking, the Rutland Centre NCP car park on Halford Street (LE1 1TQ) is just a short walk away from Phoenix and costs £4.40 all day for Phoenix customers. To obtain this reduced rate your parking ticket must be validated at the Phoenix box office.
Park and ride - Park and Ride services into Leicester city centre operate every 10 to 15 minutes, from 7am to 7pm Monday to Saturday. There are three sites, at Birstall, Enderby and Meynell’s Gorse: https://www.leicester.gov.uk/transport-and-streets/travelling-by-bus/park-and-ride
Customers can park for free at all three sites, and a ticket costs £3 per day per person.
Train - Leicester train station is a 10 minute walk (0.5 miles) from the Phoenix
To cancel a place on Hempsall's open courses, notice of cancellation should be given by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For Standard course bookings:
- If you cancel at least 28 working days prior to the start of the course you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel between 28 and 10 working days prior to the start of the course you will receive a 50% refund.
- If you cancel less than 10 working days before the event you will not be entitled to a refund.
For Early Bird bookings no refunds will be given.
Is my booking tranferrable?
If you are unable to attend the training for any reason, you may transfer your place to another person. Please contact email@example.com with the name of the replacement and any special dietary/access requirements.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please use the 'Contact the Organiser' buttons which will allow you to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you wish to speak to a member of our team, please call 0844 824 3083 and ask to speak to Julie Crookes or Kate Haythornthwaite.