Actions and Detail Panel
Designing and Using Therapeutic Gardens - Workshop and Networking Event
Mon 24 October 2016, 09:00 – 16:30 BST
This workshop is a great opportunity for professionals working in community and therapeutic gardens to
1. Develop and share expertise on designing and using therapeutic gardens in care and community settings.
2. Help establish a local/regional network of those working in Social and Therapeutic Horticulture.
9.00am Registration and refreshments
9.30am DESIGNING AND USING THERAPEUTIC GARDENS– Mark Rendell, Director of Step Change Design Ltd and co-author of ‘Why don’t we go into the Garden’ – The Care Culture Map and Handbook
This session is an accredited CPD short course (more details available on request)
11.00am Coffee Break
12.30pm Lunch and tour of the therapeutic garden at ‘Start’
1.30pm Facilitated Networking session for Social and Therapeutic Horticulture projects and workers discussing the following topics
- Update on evaluation tools – sharing current practice: Sue Jeffries Horticulture Co-ordinator from ‘Start – Inspiring Minds’ which supports adult mental health and wellbeing.
- Staff development and training – Simon Read, from ‘Sowing Success’ – consultancy and therapeutic horticulture services for young people.
- Way forward for future networking and CPD in the North West
3.30pm Tea break and informal networking opportunity
10 minutes walk from Salford Crescent Station
10 minutes walk from Salford Precinct Bus Station
Regular buses to and from Manchester city centre
Limited free car parking on site and in nearby streets
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Contact Sue Jeffries on 0161 351 6004 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the refund policy?
If the workshop is cancelled by the organiser you will receive a full refund. You can cancel your ticket and receive a full refund if you cancel by 10th October, if you cancel by 17th October you will receive a 50% refund. After that date no refund will be available, but you can pass your ticket on to another attender at any time, as long as you notify the organiser.