The purpose of these regional events is to bring schools and colleges together to better understand how they can work co-operatively to support young people into adulthood.
They will do this by:
• developing an awareness of the role that each provider plays in helping young people with SEND to prepare for adulthood;
• facilitating local schools and colleges to develop partnerships that provide a joined-up post-16 education pathway;
• demonstrating good practice in producing outcomes based on young people’s aspirations;
• sharing examples of outcome focused curriculum developments.
Programme to include:
• Preparing for Adulthood – Aspirations, outcomes and pathways
• Partnership working across schools and colleges
• Progress on designing the post-16 curriculum:
Study programmes and supported internships
Engagement and participation of young people
The events are mainly for special schools, mainstream schools, colleges. Local authorities are also welcome as are families and young people.