Actions and Detail Panel
Develop your business plan and strategic direction | Full day workshop
Tue 8 November 2016, 09:00 – 17:00 GMT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
A carefully considered and clearly communicated business plan is fundamental to help you lead, develop and grow your business effectively. It can help you well beyond securing finance, bringing your team together under a shared goal to greater success. But do you find you’re so busy on the day-to-day running of your business that you don’t have time to step back and focus on your strategy and plan?
One day out of the office can get you well on the way to defining your business plan and setting you on the right path to achieve your goals. Whether your design business is brand new, or has been long-established, reviewing and developing your overall plan will enable you to define your next objectives, build a strategy for achieving them and help drive your business forward.
At this practical workshop, with DBA and industry expert Allison Mc-Sparron-Edwards, we’ll take you through the stages you need to consider to develop your business plan, ensuring all the hard work you and your team put in everyday, will ultimately lead you to where you want to be.
This workshop will guide you through how to:
- Establish your business vision, mission and corporate objectives
- Understand the internal and external environment your business operates in and what that means for the direction of your business.
- Uncover your culture and leadership styles, their potential effect on your chances of success and areas to change.
- Define your offer, positioning, value proposition and the size of your market opportunity.
- Set strategies and realistic targets to help to drive your business forward.
You’ll leave understanding:
- The benefits of defining your audience and how to communicate with diverse groups with one plan.
- The importance of establishing shareholder goals and exit strategies.
- How to take ownership of your business plan and how to communicate this clearly to your team to get everyone on board.
- How to identify potential pitfalls and those who will hep to drive your plan forward.
- Key ways you can monitor and manage the delivery of your plan.
This workshop will help you to get that bigger picture you have in your mind down on paper and into action, helping make it a reality.
Delegate feedback on Allison McSparron-Edwards
'Brilliant overview of how to lead a design business to success.' Ian Robson, Robson Dowry.
'A thought provoking insight into the importance of a clear vision.' Joe Bower, Refinery.
Having started life as a rock loving geologist, Allison decided to move into the world of commerce and people management, qualifying first as a Chartered Accountant and then as a Business Psychologist with the Open University. She is also a certified Psychodynamic Counsellor, a qualified coach and a member of BACP and the IOD.
Allison has worked largely for service sector businesses, starting at one of the top 5 consultancies, then using her management skills in a multinational relocation business, before moving on to the marketing and communications sector. She has worked at board level in local, regional and London agencies, applying strategic thinking, developing businesses and people, and improving commercial returns. Allison combines a shrewd business sense with the ability to understand the human issues involved in any group working together. With 30 years commercial experience, Allison has worked (at board level) as a Director, Consultant, NED and M&A specialist.
Her commercialism, intuition and energy helps her identify and resolve problems for individuals and organisations providing clients with demonstrable business improvements and revitalised focus and direction.
Prices include VAT.
*DBA member traveller rate:
To make our workshops more accessible to those based outside London, we are offering a discount to individuals whose offices are located more than 60 miles from the DBA office (EC1V 9HX). If this includes you, please book using the rates above. We will then contact you to verify your postcode.
To see if your office is located more than 60 miles please click here.
When booking please provide the name of the person who will be attending the event - we will use this for their delegate badge and materials.
All DBA events and training courses are subject to standard terms and conditions which can be read in full here.
If you have any queries please email us at email@example.com or call 020 7251 9229.
Event image: © Dreamstime