Actions and Detail Panel
Developing Personal Resilience - Academics
Wed 26 April 2017, 13:30 – 16:30 BST
This workshop is for London Metropolitan University Staff Only
Developing Personal Resilience - For Academics
Why you should attend?
This workshop introduces delegates to resilience skills that will increase their confidence in their ability to bounce back from the many pressures and adversities they encounter in today's workplace. Delegates will be introduced to a range of methods to help them to respond positively to the pressures and demands of modern working life and to help them identify opportunities to thrive.
This training enables people to deal effectively with the pressures and challenges of modern professional and personal life. Today’s world is characterised by ever-increasing workloads, constant change, 24-7 connectivity and more. The session equips delegates with a set of tools to adapt well to these conditions. Topics include how to keep calm even in high-pressure situations, strategies for gaining control over your workload, how to set clear boundaries, the importance of switching off, and ways to keep motivated and positive. The training style is interactive, practical and focusses on providing delegates with tools and approaches that can be applied to their personal situations.
Comprehensive workbooks and access to on-line resources are provided which can be used post training for CPD purposes. At the end of the course the trainer will raise delegates awareness of the Health and Wellbeing resources/support available from the Universities dedicated health and wellbeing website ‘Well Met’.
- What is stress? Physical and Psychological signs
- Employee and Employer responsibiliites under Health & Safety regulations
- How to distinguish between pressures that can be controlled and those that cannot
- How to prioritise those pressures that cause most stress
- How to develop action plans to tackle the most important and controllable sources of pressure
- Other techniques that tackle causes of stress e.g time management
- Some basics about positive psychology - consider what promotes well-being and happiness
- Tools and techniques that help change perspectives on work and life
- What work life balance means and how to build a more healthy balance into life
- Several ways to cope better e.g social support, relaxation
This course will help you achieve the following:
- Enhanced realistic optimism, balanced with a can-do attitude
- A more flexible, adaptable and positive approach to change
- Improved problem solving creativity skills
- Understand the benefits of good role modeling during challenging times
- Improved understanding of the benefits of building and restoring important relationships
- Acquire skills that can help to reduce workplace/home anxiety (regarding their job)
- Become more level-headed and objective under pressure
- Greater appreciation of the benefits of personal care and pacing oneself
- Improved understanding of personal boundaries and how they can be strengthened
- Greater awareness that change and adversity often creates opportunities
Hosted by: In-Equilibrium