To enable you to take the challenges and changes of the modern working life in your stride, and increase your ability to take on new challenges.
By implementing small lifestyle changes and managing your boundaries at work you can learn to recognise and respond positively to stressful situations so that you are able to improve your quality of life AND deliver a great professional performance.
Resilience is the ability to withstand pressure and recover quickly from setbacks. Extensive research has identified 7 resilience factors that can be grouped into mental, physical, emotional and personal dimensions. Personal resilience can be improved through training and practise.
As a result of fully participating in the course delegates will know how to
- Stay calm under pressure.
- Improve health and wellness for sustainable performance.
- Create an optimal state for performing in challenging situations.
- Embrace changes at work and in life.
- Overcome setbacks and maintain their self-belief.
- Improve productivity through better prioritisation and focus on high value activities.
- Provide a shared language and framework to make discussion about resilience ‘acceptable’.
- Put their learning into practise in the workplace by creating their own personal action plan during the course.
The course is interactive and contains a variety of group and individual exercises, including case studies, personal reflection and action planning.
Who is it for?
Developing Resilience is suitable for anyone; it is especially beneficial to anyone experiencing change, balancing multiple roles, building a business, travelling extensively or preparing for promotion.
- Resilience and its impact on performance.
- Dimensions of resilience: mental, physical, emotional, personal.
- Seven resilience factors
- Personal resilience self-audit.
- Managing expectations and saying 'no' constructively.
- Burnout – the warning signs.
- Taking action.