Developing Personal Resilience: 1-day training course
Summary of Course Content
This one-day training course will enable delegates to improve the resilience skills they already possess to overcome the challenges they encounter in today’s workplace.
This will include:
- Expanding professional support networks
- Strengthening personal boundaries
- Improve workload management
- Enhance focus and concentration
- Maintain emotional balance
- A comprehensive course workbook for future reference.
- Clear and useful definitions of Adversity, Pressure, Stress and Resilience
- Hardiness and resilience: research findings of the behavioural differences between high-resilient and low-resilient people
- Locus of Control and Personal Boundaries as methods to reduce overload and become more productive
- Realistic Optimism and Problem-Solving strategies
- Understanding emotions and learning how emotions can work for us rather than against us
- How to transform difficult situations into opportunities for growth
- Ways we can keep expanding our resilience levels so future challenges have less impact
- Mindfulness-based practices to quickly re-establish a sense of control and calm if feeling overwhelmed
- Mindset: the importance of Self-efficacy as a factor in resilience
- Raised awareness of automatic thinking habits, avoiding thinking traps
- Cultivating Effective Relationships
- Building a Resilience Development Plan
Key Learning Outcomes
- Enhanced realistic optimism and can-do attitude
- A more flexible, creative and positive approach to change
- Improved problem solving and creativity skills
- Learn how to build and restore important relationships
- Become more level-headed and calm under pressure
- Enhanced hardiness and self-esteem
- Learn how to use personal boundaries effectively
- Increased performance via efficient management of workload and other commitments
- The ability to transform any situation into an opportunity to build resilience further
Trainer: Dr Dawn Hamilton
Dawn Hamilton PhD has been a trainer and coach for the past 17 years. She has designed and facilitated courses for many FTSE100 companies and SMEs. She has a wealth of experience in providing training and coaching in organisational resilience, stress management and wellness which she has provided to a diverse range of people including managers, senior executives, professional sports people, and university students.
Dawn spent 5 years at Cranfield School of Management researching Resilience at Work for which she was awarded her Doctorate degree in Social Psychology. Her findings identified important strategies people can use to build their personal resilience and optimise their performance.
Dawn is passionate about sharing her knowledge with others in order for people to lead happier and healthier lives. Her approach combines her training in neuroscience, positive psychology and biofeedback to give clients a comprehensive toolkit of practical strategies that can be adapted to their personal work situations.
The Venue: The Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel
The Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel is ideally located in Belgravia, central London.
The price of this one-day course includes restaurant lunch, tea, coffee, and biscuits. The training room has natural daylight and state of the art audio visual equipment along with complimentary wireless internet access for all delegates.
Please note there will be a maximum of 12 delegates on this course and bookings are only confirmed once payment has been made.
As one of the first companies in the UK to offer resilience training courses, we have many years of experience training managers and employees at all levels of an organisation to build resilience. We specialise in practical, evidence based training aimed at developing resilience, minimising the risk of stress and enhancing well-being within your organisation.
Contact us on 01383 622002
Terms and Conditions
By booking an event with In Equilibrium you accept our Booking Terms and Conditions
- Payment Options
Fees are subject to VAT where applicable, which applies to all delegates attending UK courses. Course fees must be paid in full at the time of booking. Courses will be charged at the price shown on the website at the time of booking. We reserve the right to change course fees without notice.
- Substitute delegates
You can transfer a place on a course to a substitute delegate free of charge at any time, just let us know.
If you cancel 30 or more days before the event, we will provide a 50% refund of the fee. No refunds are available for cancellations made less than 30 days before the event, or for no-shows. Cancellation charges apply for all cancellations including those due to illness. Cancellations must be received in writing and must contain the full booking details including organisation name, booking and delegate contact details.
- Changes to Services
In the event of the course not going ahead for any reason, In Equilibrium will inform you as soon as possible and we will refund you immediately on cancellation. In Equilibrium will not be responsible for any consequential loss of expense incurred by the candidates including, but not limited to, any prepaid travel expenses or hotel costs.
- Joining Instructions
Once your booking has been confirmed we will be in touch with specific joining instructions for the training course.
- For full terms and conditions please see Terms and conditions page at http://www.in-equilibrium.co.uk/open-courses-terms-conditions/