Developing Resilience: Training for Managers
1-day open training course
Summary of Course Content
1 Day Course
Resilience is now a key competence for managers working under pressure during periods of change. This training course helps managers improve their personal resilience as well as supporting the resilience of those they work with. There will be plenty of opportunities, through facilitated discussion, for delegates to share insights and best practise.
It is not possible to make progress without experiencing occasional setbacks and disappointments; however it is the way in which managers react and respond to problems that will determine the success or failure of the organisation.
Resilience is the ability to maintain your normal level of performance, or improve on it, during times of change and adversity. The key to this training course is the understanding that the positive attitudes and behaviours which generate resilience can be developed. Practical tools are provided on the course.
The theme of the day involves introducing areas of personal resilience and how this can be improved. During this process facilitated discussion will be used to link individual resilience to both team and organisational resilience so that managers can prepare practical action plans at the end of the course.
The course is highly interactive and contains a variety of tools and exercises. Delegates receive a comprehensive workbook and access to online resources which can be used post training to improve one or more resilience skills.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for anyone with team responsibility
With full participation the delegates will achieve the following:
- Enhanced realistic optimism balanced with a can-do attitude
- A more flexible, adaptable and positive approach to change
- Improved problem solving creativity skills
- An understanding of the benefits of good role modeling during challenging times
- Improved understanding of the benefits of building and restoring important relationships
- Skills that can help to reduce workplace/home anxiety (regarding their job)
- More level-headed and objective under pressure
- Greater appreciation of the benefits of personal care and pacing oneself
- Improved understanding of personal boundaries and how they can be strengthened
- Greater awareness that change and adversity often creates opportunities
- The relationship between resilience, pressure, stress and adversity.
- Personal boundaries: what are they and why they are so important in building resilience?
- Resilience Questionnaire – identify the resilience skills you already have
- Review of basic resilience skills
- Tools and exercises to develop resilience skills
- Applying the resilience skills to your team
- 7 Steps to enable managers to manage change more effectively
- Management techniques for strengthening resilience in others
- Personal and organisational action planning
- How to use the course materials for on-going development
Trainer: Dot Gourlay
Dot Gourlay is qualified to MSc level in Health Promotion and is one of In Equilibrium’s most experienced corporate trainers and consultants. Developing personal resilience and stress management for both managers and employees has been one of Dot’s key interests since writing her research dissertation on the perceptions of stress in relation to employee health in 1998.
In her role with In Equilibrium Dot takes responsibility for the management and delivery of major training and consultancy projects. As such she is very experienced in understanding management’s key objectives and able to design and deliver effective training and consultancy services to meet them.
Dot also has specialised knowledge of running organisation wide stress risk assessments programmes using the HSE Stress Management Standards as a performance template. She has been extensively involved in developing In Equilibrium training courses including Resilience Skills training for managers and employees.
Dot combines her corporate training experience with her knowledge of workplace health promotion to design and deliver informative and engaging training programmes to meet organisational and personal objectives.
The Venue: Radisson Blue Hotel, 301 Argyle Street G2 8DL Glasgow United Kingdom
The Radisson Blu is ideally located in Glasgow City Centre. The hotel is in close proximity to Glasgow Central Railway Station.
The price of this one-day course includes restaurant lunch, tea, coffee, and biscuits. The training room has natural daylight and state of the art audio visual equipment along with complimentary wireless internet access for all delegates.
Please note there will be a maximum of 12 delegates on this course and bookings are only confirmed once payment has been made.
As one of the first companies in the UK to offer resilience training courses, we have many years of experience training managers and employees at all levels of an organisation to build resilience. We specialise in practical, evidence based training aimed at developing resilience, minimising the risk of stress and enhancing well-being within your organisation.
Contact us on 01383 622002
Terms and Conditions
By booking an event with In Equilibrium you accept our Booking Terms and Conditions
- Payment Options
Fees are subject to VAT where applicable, which applies to all delegates attending UK courses. Course fees must be paid in full at the time of booking. Courses will be charged at the price shown on the website at the time of booking. We reserve the right to change course fees without notice.
- Substitute delegates
You can transfer a place on a course to a substitute delegate free of charge at any time, just let us know.
If you cancel 30 or more days before the event, we will provide a 50% refund of the fee. No refunds are available for cancellations made less than 30 days before the event, or for no-shows. Cancellation charges apply for all cancellations including those due to illness. Cancellations must be received in writing and must contain the full booking details including organisation name, booking and delegate contact details.
- Changes to Services
In the event of the course not going ahead for any reason, In Equilibrium will inform you as soon as possible and we will refund you immediately on cancellation. In Equilibrium will not be responsible for any consequential loss of expense incurred by the candidates including, but not limited to, any prepaid travel expenses or hotel costs.
- Joining Instructions
Once your booking has been confirmed we will be in touch with specific joining instructions for the training course.
- For full terms and conditions please see Terms and conditions page at http://www.in-equilibrium.co.uk/open-courses-terms-conditions/