This training is for parents if you're a professional; click here.
Supporting my Child with their Communication Difficulties.
We'll start with the basics:
- What are social Skills & Why they're important
- Understand How Social Communication Works
- How you can spot what your child doesn't know
- How you and your family can help your child to develop their skills
This training has been developed for parents as an introduction to many Visual Strategies that have been designed to Support Children with Communication Difficulties, the training has been developed by our in-house Speech and Language therapist, Ellen. (BSc (Hons), Cert MRCSLT, MASLTIP, HCPC Registered Speech & Language Therapist)
This session has been developed as an introduction to Visual Strategies and therefore is primarily aimed at KS1 & 2 children, however - if they're not something you've used before, this training will still be of huge benefit to you.
The training session will cover all of the above, plus:
- Understanding Communication Difficulties
- Understanding Visual Approaches
- Why we use a Visual Approach, how they work and how they can help your child.
- Introduction to various techniques, the thinking behind them and how to implement them at home.
This is a certificated training.