The world is looking for business - switch on to your international potential at Developing Your International Tourism Markets, our two-day introductory workshop!
Who's it for?
This fully-funded two-day workshop is aimed at tourism businesses in the Highlands & Islands in the early stages of developing or growing their international tourism markets. The workshop will help companies to attract more international visitors – and understand why international visitors can be good for their business.
How does it work?
This dynamic workshop is interactive, fast-moving, and covers a lot of ground. You’ll walk away with a better understanding of international tourism markets, and strategies to help your business make the most of international opportunities.
Key areas covered
- Market Analysis: Understanding our international visitors, targeting the right markets, and how market research can help.
- Routes to Market: Exploring the best ways to reach your market, including using social media and the internet, working with the travel trade, the role of exhibitions and trade shows, collaboration and cultural considerations.
- Overview of Support Available
- Individual Action Plans: 1-2-1 support to develop an International Action Plan for your company.
How your company benefits
- Gain valuable insights into international markets and how to reach them
- Develop strategies to attract and keep international customers
- Use social media to promote your business to a worldwide audience
Numbers are restricted and places in high demand - make sure you don’t miss out!
For other courses and advice on international trade visit www.hie.co.uk/InternationalTrade
Previous workshop participants said:
"Good insights into overseas markets and ways to access markets. Lots of good access to influential and knowledgeable individuals and speakers. Great opportunity to network too."
"I left with a 5 page action plan and a million ideas of what I want to do, and I have also been given the knowledge of how to do it and where to go. Really enjoyed the programme and found it very helpful!”
This workshop is part of Scotland’s National Tourism Strategy to effect a £2bn increase in the value of the sector by 2020. It will boost your business performance in international markets, and help to make Scotland a first-choice destination for:
- high quality destinations and service delivery
- value for money
- memorable customer experience
Introduction to Developing Your International Tourism Markets is part funded through the European Regional Development Fund in partnership with Scottish Development International and Highlands and Islands Enterprise. The course is free of charge, but because it’s a form of EU State Aid, it counts towards your overall De Minimis Aid allowance. Each company is allowed a total of €200,000 in De Minimis Aid over a 3-year period (with a lower limit for fisheries and some other categories). Preparing to Export is run by Highlands and Islands Enterprise, in partnership with Scottish Development International.