Actions and Detail Panel
Developing your Personal Impact and Presence
Sat 25 June 2016, 10:00 – 13:00 BST
Find out how to develop your personal impact and presence at this fun and interactive half day personal development workshop led by Janie van Hool.
This session will give you a toolkit for making an impact in your HR role - ensuring that whatever the situation, you will bring the best version of yourself. You ..... with technique!
What will I take away?
- You will leave with an understanding of how to use your voice and body to influence people.
- You'll discover the tricks to feeling confident - and looking it.
- You'll feel energised and ready to try something new.
What will we do?
- Keep calm under pressure: Whether it's managing nerves in a one-to-one conversation, running or being part of a meeting or dealing with a bigger audience, learning techniques for feeling and appearing cool, calm and in control is an essential part of your presence and impact.
- Looking the business: How to create physical presence that projects confidence and credibility, from first impressions to making presentations.
- Say what you mean: How to create a succinct, clear, confident message and ensure you get it across - in interviews, feedback conversations, meetings and presentations.
- And mean what you say: Maximise your vocal skills using the VAPER model of voice to make sure you deliver the message with conviction and authority. Make sure your voice is heard and cuts across the noise.
- Know your audience: A simple influencing toolkit to help you adapt your style in all your communication situations.
About the facilitator:
Janie van Hool graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in 1987 and spent 12 years working as an actress in theatre, film, TV and Voiceover - both in the UK and internationally. She started presenting professionally in 1997, facilitating and speaking at large-scale corporate events and loved it! It shifted her focus from playing other people, to being herself, and combined her skills and experience. She now teaches others how to create presence and make a powerful and lasting impact.
Janie's postgraduate research focused on enabling people to communicate effectively using verbal and non verbal communication skills. These academic studies, combining psychology with the creative insticts of a performer, have enabled her to transcend challenges in communication and help people effortlessly to re-evaluate their approach to communicating with confidence.
This event has been heavily subsidised by Herts CIPD and will cost just £15 per delegate.