Actions and Detail Panel
Developing your SEND Childcare Offer (Nottingham)
Sat 25 March 2017, 10:00 – 13:00 GMT
Childminders have a legal duty to help all children achieve their full potential including children with special educational needs and/or disability (SEND). This course will look at the role of the childminder in terms of supporting the learning and development of children with SEND.
There is the option to attend some further training about practical ideas for differentiating learning including using signs and symbols for children with SEND.
- Explore how the Code of Practice legislation relates to your Early Years practice
- Have an increased awareness of understanding the Code of Practice and how it relates to your Early Years practice
- Begin to understand how to identify children with SEND and/or disability
- Explore strategies for working in partnership with parents in supporting their SEND/disabled children
- Have an awareness of local multi-agency working and where you can go to for specialist support
- Begin to feel more confident when working with children with SEND and their families
On successful completion of this workshop, learners will be awarded a certificate which counts as Continuous Professional Development (CPD) evidence.
Notice period for cancellation is 10 days for a full refund. Cancellations outside of this period is classed as short notice and is non-refundable. A place on the next course is at the discretion of @Home Childcare.