DevOps is the union of people, process and products to enable the continuous delivery of value to end users. It aims to create a culture and environment where building, testing, and releasing software can happen rapidly, frequently, and more reliably, so you can innovate like a startup and scale for the enterprise.
By the end of this session, you’ll be able to define DevOps, understand why it is needed, and learn how you can get started with DevOps. You’ll learn the key ideas and techniques to bring development and operations together to produce higher-quality software and deliver it more quickly.
• The value, history, and building blocks of DevOps
• How to unify processes and improve collaboration between development and operations
• Continuous Integration (CI), continuous testing, and continuous deployment
• Release Management, configuration management, and monitoring in DevOps
• Basic appreciation of Software Development or Systems administration (Windows or Unix/Linux)