Actions and Detail Panel
Diabetic Foot Examination for HCAs in Hastings & Rother CCG or EHS CCG
Thu 22 June 2017, 09:30 – 12:30 BST
All diabetic patients should receive annual foot checks to determine their risk of ulceration. With appropriate training, HCAs are well placed to be able to perform this simple check and can provide an essential service for the patient and the Practice. The role includes accurate observation, testing of the feet and documentation results, recognition of pathology and referral of patients as required.
- Describe what is meant by Diabetes and Insulin resistance
- Demonstrate an effective foot examination
- Identify when a patient needs referral
- Discuss health promotion for the diabetic patient.
(Accreditation will be available – details available from the trainer at the workshop).
- Diabetes and Insulin Resistence.
- How to assess the feet of patients with diabetes
- Practical workshop: Assessing ‘the diabetic foot’ (this involves practice on each other so please come with clean feet!).
Please bring your own Dopplers where possible