Actions and Detail Panel
Difficult Discussions Matter
Tue 5 December 2017, 09:30 – 13:00 GMT
Welcome to Difficult Discussions Matter!
This is an interactive workshop that will require your full participation. It is a busy session of 3 ½ hours that involves you in a variety of ways through activities, role play and self-reflection. We will also ask you to bring along a scenario of a challenging conversation that may have caused you to lose confidence, felt conflicting or confrontational and will be used in the session.
This session will support you in:
- Becoming more aware of your own communication style;
- Developing your understanding of active listening skills and the importance of this when experiencing conflict;
- Understanding what makes some conversations more difficult;
- Preparing you for future conversations by using a simple approach;
- Helping you to reflect on your own behaviours and attitudes and those of others;
- Developing your planning and preparation for conversations;
- Developing your confidence by allowing space to use the approach in a safe environment through exploration;
- Feeling motivated and assertive to have conversations which may be difficult.