Panel Debate @Garages in partnership with BusinessEurope
Challenges and opportunities for businesses and governments
This discussion will bring together key market practitioners from different companies and EU officials, to debate about the opportunities and challenges that the digital transformation is bringing to different industries and how Europe can lead the next industrial revolution. If Europe can digitally transform its industries and infrastructure, it can reap massive rewards in growth and job creation — even amidst nowadays volatility. But this will take work and now is the time to go on the offensive, to experiment, to create new offerings and push into new markets.
Key issues to be discussed:
- Cross-border data flows and how they enable making the digital transformation happen.
- Data ownership and access: in such nascent market, is regulatory intervention needed or are contractual agreements fully sufficient?
- App Economies Will Win: software is eating the world<http://www.gereports.com/video-minds-machines-software-eating-world-ge-feels-fine/> - companies that leverage data and the power of the app economy will set themselves up for long-term success.
- Operating Model and Capabilities: how to configure operations for transformation—determining what capabilities, roles, leaders, and teams are needed.
- The Power of Culture: Transformation doesn’t matter unless you’ve got a culture that’s willing and able to embrace it.
- Stefan Gruber, Program Director, Schindler Digital Business AG
- Bruno Gencarelli, Head of Unit for Data Protection at DG Justice – European Commission
- Dr. Markus Schulte, Member of the Cabinet, Commissioner Günther H. Oettinger
- Markus Beyrer, Director General and CEO, BusinessEurope
- Deborah Sherry, General Manager, GE Digital Europe
The session will be moderated by Carlos Härtel, Chief Technology and Innovation Officer for Europe.
***We recommend that you arrive half an hour early***