San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
We live in an era of disruptive technology. The convergence of Mobile Connectivity, Social Media, Enterprise Social, the Cloud, Big Data, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligent and Automation, combined with the rapid emergence of a new generation of constantly connected customers/employees (Gen C), is threatening to reshape markets faster than any force in history.
The changes witnessed since the advent of the Internet twenty years ago are nothing compared to what is coming over the next few years.
With a recent report suggesting that four out of ten industry incumbents, across a broad spectrum of sectors, could be displaced by digital disruption over the next five years, many organisations are on the verge of becoming ‘digital dinosaurs’ due to their inability to adapt. No industry, no organisation is immune from the threat of being disrupted. No individual is immune - 40 per cent of jobs could be replaced by digital technology over the next two decades.
Transforming digitally is the number one business challenge facing organisations today. Staying relevant in a digital world is the number one personal challenge we all face.
Digital Leaders Urgently Required…………….
As a consequence of the above, a new breed of senior executive is required - Digital Business Leaders - leaders who can combine high level business knowledge, experience and understanding with the ability to develop digital transformation strategies fully aligned with and supportive of agreed business goals and objectives. Leaders with the confidence and personal skills to drive digital-led organisational change.
There is now a well-established body of evidence to show that a shortage of Digital Leaders is the single most important barrier to successful digital transformation in both public and private sector organisations.
2. About the Bootcamp
Using very practical tools and templates contained in our ‘Digital Business Transformation Toolkit’, the two-day bootcamp will disseminate best practice strategic and practical advice in becoming a Future Digital Leader. The programme will equip participants with the knowledge and practical skills required for developing, implementing and proactively managing a successful Digital Transformation Strategy for their own organisation.
Content is structured around the WHY, WHAT, HOW and WHO of successful digital transformation focusing on six key themes:
- The Digital and Social Media Revolutions: the impact of disruptive technologies - the Internet, Social Media, Mobile, the Cloud, Big Data, Internet of Things, Intelligent Machines etc; understanding Digital Natives and Generation C.
- ‘External Digital’: the use of digital and social media technologies for building customer engagement; the new rules of sales, marketing and PR; social customer service; content marketing; big data and predictive analytics; real time engagement as the new marketing.
- ‘Internal Digital’: the use of digital and social technologies within the organisation to improve internal communications and knowledge transfer; achieve operational efficiencies; improve staff engagement and morale; and to drive change towards a more customer centred organisational culture. ‘Enterprise Social’ tools and software.
- Digital Strategy Development: new business models and digital business transformation; how to develop a digital vision and strategy customised to the specific needs of your own organisation and customers; agreeing KPIs and targets.
- Digital Strategy Implementation: key success factors in implementing digital transformation programmes; people, technology, organisation, culture, project management, overcoming resistance to change; the role and characteristics of a successful Digital Leader.
- Measuring Digital Performance and Organisational Impact: the 6Is approach; the growing importance of data and predictive analytics; tools for tracking consumer behaviour; social media listening tools.
Each session will be highly interactive with plenty of time for questions and two-way discussion. A ‘business first’ rather than ‘technology led’ approach will be adopted at all times ensuring that the digital actions and initiatives you implement are fully aligned with and supportive of core business goals and objectives.
Participants will be supported by an Online Resource Community before, during and after the two-day session.
On completion of the programme, and utilising the diagnostic tools and templates contained in the ‘Digital Business Transformation Toolkit’, participants will have acquired the knowledge and practical skills to:
- Undertake a digital disruption landscape analysis for their organisation; the opportunities and threats presented.
- Set up a digital and social media listening system.
- Develop an agreed Digital Strategy for their organisation.
- Agree the core business objectives, goals and targets to be achieved.
- Identify the key digital initiatives to be implemented and an ‘Action Plan’ for getting there.
- Agree the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), metrics and analytics to be used in measuring digital performance, business impact and ROI.
- Ensure that all key success factors have been considered.
- Establish your personal brand as a Future Digital Leader.
The Future Digital Leaders Programme is delivered in association with the University of Edinburgh Business School, an internationally renowned academic organisation. Participants will received a Certificate of Completion.
5. Who Should Participate?
- CEOs and Senior Executives, from both the private and public sectors, tasked with the responsibility of creating responsive organisations in an era of turbulent digital change.
- Business Owners wishing to exploit the full potential of digital technology and social media for achieving sustained growth and competitiveness.
- Middle Managers responsible for developing and implementing Digital Strategies for their own are of responsibility.
- Junior Managers and recent graduates wishing to develop careers as Digital Leaders.
- Those already working in digital requiring to update their skills and knowledge.
6. Programme Facilitator
The two-day bootcamp and Online Support Community will be facilitated by Dr. Jim Hamill an internationally recognised expert on digital disruption. You can engage with Jim using the following:
7. Programme Fees
Please register your interest in attending the 2-day bootcamp here. This will allow us to discuss your specific requirements from the programme. Once your participation has been confirmed, an invoice will be sent covering the programme fee of £1,500 (inclusive of VAT) - discounts apply to eligible participants. To ensure personal 1-to-1 service, we are restricting numbers attending to a maximum of ten so early registration is recommended.
Please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Jim Hamill (below) if you wish to discuss any aspect of the programme.