San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
London+Acumen, one of the 26 volunteer-led chapters supporting Acumen, is hosting its 4th annual flagship DIGNITY event to highlight the importance of dignity, not dependence, in changing the way the world tackles poverty. What keeps people from realising their full potential is lack of choice and opportunity. It is that choice that allows people to feel dignified.
Watch this recent one-to-one interview with Jacqueline Novogratz, the Founder and CEO of Acumen, on dignity.
This year’s DIGNITY event will focus on Acumen’s work in India. During the evening, you will view the personal stories of both customers and entrepreneurs of Acumen's investees in India and hear about the importance of dignity in Acumen’s work. Join us for an exquisite night out with amazing artistic Indian performances, fantastic networking opportunities as well as drinks and canapés.
When: Monday, November 24 2014 from 18:30 to 22:00
Where: The Crypt on the Green, Clerkenwell Close, London EC1R 0EA
Speaker: Keynote speaker is Tom Adams, Director of Impact at Acumen
Discussion topics will include:
- What dignity means for Acumen’s work in India and why providing it to the poor is one of the core beliefs of Acumen.
- How impact is measured and reported in India looking at Acumen’s investments as an example.
- The investment cycle of social enterprises in India with specific examples and stories.
- How the socio-political context of India is influencing the work of social enterprises.
- 18:30 Registration
- 19:00 Welcome by London+Acumen
- 19:10 Conversation with Tom Adams
- 19:30 Dance performance by Epika, an all-female Bolllywood fusion dance troupe
- 19:50 London+Acumen's introduction to the investee companies exhibition
- 20:00 Drinks, investee companies exhibition and networking until 22:00
Keep up-to-date on Twitter with #Dignity2014 hashtag!
When & Where
London+Acumen is a group of passionate volunteers who work together to promote the values of Acumen within the London community, and to spread the word about how impact investing and patient capital can be used to challenge the way the world tackles poverty.
We run courses, events, projects and initiatives that spread the word about impact investing, build capability within the social enterprises and bring people together who are passionate about supporting Acumen's mission to change the way the world tackles poverty.
We are one of 24 chapters around the world seeking to apply the principles and values of Acumen within our own communities. Please vist our website, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for more information about us and to see our upcoming events.