San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
“The answer to poverty is not simply more income.
The answer is choice and opportunity. The answer is freedom and dignity.”
- Jacqueline Novogratz, Founder & CEO of Acumen.
Acumen's volunteer-led arm, London+Acumen, is hosting its 3rd annual flagship DIGNITY Exhibition & Auction to highlight the importance of dignity, not dependence, in changing the way the world tackles poverty. DIGNITY does this through leveraging powerful photography to engage the public and generate social change. Join us for an exquisite night out with breathtaking photography, an inspiring crowd from all walks of life, an exclusive venue in central London, amazing artistic performances by Somita Basak, fantastic networking opportunities, and drinks and canapés.
When: from 6.30
Where: The Heights Restaurant, Bar and Lounge, Saint George's Hotel, 14-15 Langham Place, W1B 2QS. Closest Tube Station: Oxford Circus
Speaker: Sir Timothy Ackroyd, renowned West End actor, founder of the Tusk Trust and Chairman of the Ackroyd Trust.
General Ticket: £34.50
Concessions Ticket*: £19.99
* Recipients of Universal or Pension Credit, full-time students and ages 16 and under - evidence required
VIP Ticket: £100
Our VIP ticket includes:
- An exclusive preview of the photo exhibition from 5pm to 6:30pm, before doors open to other guests
- Exclusive opportunity to listen to winners of inaugural DIGNITY Photo Contest share their dignity stories
- Unique opportunity to meet Sir Timothy Ackroyd
- Opportunity to network with like-minded individuals
- Reserved area with waitress service
About the Auction: Top photos from the DIGNITY Photo Competition will be auctioned throughout the night, together with beautiful images from the Nuru project, an NGO that uses photography for social impact.
When & Where
London+Acumen is a self-organized, volunteer-led group that seeks to inspire and empower like-minded individuals in and around London who are passionate about supporting Acumen’s mission to create a world beyond poverty. Our chapter is one of 30 +Acumen chapters around the world, who share the principles of patient capital, cultivating an understanding of Acumen’s values, and putting these principles into practice in our community.