Cost £950 plus VAT
This workshop takes the form of online and classroom training. This is followed by an online SPI. Shortly after this, the External Verifier will evaluate and sign off the portfolios. As there is no exam to take, the qualification will take effect as soon as the portfolio has been signed off.
You will already be qualified as a Domestic Energy Assessor and will only need to complete certain units in order to achieve this qualification. The key parts for you to gain relate to:
- Principles, financing and the operation of the Green Deal
- Undertaking home visits in order to carry out occupancy assessment
- Preparing and issuing Green Deal Advice Report
- Explaining a Green Deal Advice Report
This course covers all that is required to ensure that the advice you supply to homeowners is relevant and fits within the Green Deal Framework. You will also have the opportunity to assess real homes under the guidance of ecmk's qualified trainers.
Candidates must also assemble a Portfolio of Evidence of their competence, including three Green Deal Advice Reports. Each candidate is assigned to a Qualification Assessor to guide them through this process. The Qualification Assessor formally assesses the Portfolio to verify that the candidate meets the requirements of the National Occupational Standards for a GDA.
- Online session to include an induction to the qualification. This also covers the legislative background, an introduction to the Green Deal, and details of how to assemble the Portfolio of Evidence.
- Two days’ Green Deal classroom training, covering the conventions for collecting data and how to enter data into approved software. This includes dealing with homeowners and obtaining the information required for an occupancy assessment, providing you with the knowledge to ensure you can work with homeowners to provide them with a Green Deal Advice Report relevant to their property.
- Three to six weeks working remotely with the guidance of a Qualification Assessor in order to assemble the Portfolio of Evidence.
- Online SPI with Qualification Assessor to complete your Portfolio of Evidence.
- The above fee includes the registration fee with the Awarding Body and all assessment fees. There are no hidden extras.
- Online Immediate start
- Please note that a minimum of 4 people are required on any classroom based training