Discipline & Grievance - Management Essentials Workshop
Tuesday, 11 July 2017 from 09:30 to 13:00 (BST)
Handling discipline and grievance issues can be costly and time consuming. With consequences both financially and in terms of your reputation, it is imperative that you follow a timely, fair and legal process. Knowing the steps to achieve this is key to minimising risk.
In this informative and interactive workshop, we will follow our characters, Harry and Larry, through a disciplinary procedure.
Throughout, we’ll be observing the Acas framework, covering suspension, investigation, disciplinary hearing and decisions, appeals and the keeping of appropriate records. Working through case studies and other ‘real-life’ examples, you will leave confident with a host of practical tips.
Who is it for?
This workshop is aimed at line managers or those who have supervisory responsibilities and day-to-day management of others.
We intentionally keep our groups small to enable time for discussion and questions, therefore early booking is essential.
Click here to find out more about The HR Dept and how we support small businesses.
Save This Event
When & Where
The HR Dept Newcastle
Providing HR support and advice to businesses based in the Newcastle, South Tyneside and Gateshead area. This includes:
* Creating tailored employment contracts and employment policies that protect your business
* Dismissing employees fairly (backed up with employment tribunal insurance)
* Recruiting exceptional staff
* Psychometric testing and Occupational Personality Questionnaires (OPQs)
* Retaining and incentivising top performing employees
* Workforce Planning
* TUPE transfers (backed up with employment tribunal insurance)
* Absence and Performance Management
* Disciplinary and Grievance Investigations
The HR Dept works with a wide range of businesses including:
* Professional services
* Engineers, construction companies and Trades
* Property and estate agents
* High tech, web and IT companies