San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
UCL FINDS is proud to invite you the Bitcoin Conference which will be taking place on March 12th.
Recently, crypto currencies have been attracting a lot of attention, with a particular focus on the Bitcoin, which experienced a surge in popularity in the last year and has been in the spotlight ever since. Due to its unconventional nature as a currency, the Bitcoin has been and still remains a very controversial topic, which has sparked many different opinions amongst experts across the world. Whereas some perceive it as a new haven, with a potential of huge profits, others describe it as a scam and fear that it has developed into and over-inflated bubble.
Join us for an exciting conference, which will help you to develop a further understanding and gain a deeper insight into the world of Bitcoins, with a particular focus on the following topic:
- The technological aspects behind Bitcoin
- The theory of money and how it can be applied to crypto currencies
- How the Bitcoin market compares to other financial markets
- The laws and regulations regarding Bitcoin, along with the implementation challenges faced by the authorities.
The event will be followed by a Q&A sessions to our panel of experts, as well as networking opportunities.
- Dr Nicolas Courtois – UCL Lecturer and researcher specializing in Cryptography and Information Security
- Adam Vaziri – a Technology lawyer, based in the UK, currently working with Neopay Ltd. on licensing e-money and payment institutions
- Nadav Rosenberg – General manager at Taboola, the world's leading content distribution and discovery platform. Mr. Rosenberg is currently leading Taboola's expansion and operations in Europe and Australia
- Dr Pinar Emirdag – Member of the Advisory Board at Senahill Partners. Mr Emirdag is a financial services, financial technology and market structure professional, with a vast background in electronic trading.
When & Where
UCL Financial Industry Series
UCL FINDS (Financial Industry Series) is a student-run forum that organises high-impact conferences, debates and talks on financial topics. We were founded in December 2010 with the purpose of providing students and professionals alike with the opportunity to look into the latest topics within the financial industry. Attendees can develop not only a comprehensive understanding of the field but also benefit from unique networking opportunities.
In the past, our events have met great demand from students at UCL and other top UK universities as well as from professionals within the industry. In order to make our events accessible to as many students as possible and to maintain the high standard that we strive towards, we count on the support of our partners.
As a UCL-approved institution, we endeavour to promote our university and to build and maintain strong relationships with firms within the industry.