Actions and Detail Panel
Discover LoMo: high trust, fast, self-organising meetings
Thu 8 June 2017, 10:00 – 13:00 BST
For many companies, meetings are a big time-drain. They take too much time, achieve too little and bring energy down. Let's change that. LoMo is a set of techniques to encourage self-organising, self-responsibility, speed, clarity and powerful decisions in meetings. LoMo is short for Low-Tech Moments. No powerpoint, no faffing, just top quality thinking/talking/working *together*.
In this 3-hour LoMo :-) you will:
- experience this new kind of meeting for yourself
- learn the key principles and what matters in a LoMo - where power lies, how the interaction works and how LoMo allows everyone to put ego aside and work together more effectively
- leave ready to implement the three canvases teams find make the most difference straight away
This session is perfect for:
- leaders and managers who want to use their team's time more effectively
- project managers who need their team to be more self responsible, faster and more productive
- consultants and facilitators interested in exploring whether LoMo might work for their clients.
- anyone who spends too much time in meetings (ok hands down!)
Using what you learn, you can expect to:
- Reduce your current meeting time by 50% - ambitious but true (Ricoh managers reduced theirs by 75% in the first 6 weeks)
- Improve the quality of meetings dramatically - sharper discussions and outcomes, no fluff
- Build better relationships and more trust though clearer and less frustrating interactions with colleagues in meetings
- Get valuable work done sooner - by feeling pain sooner and not letting 'the work wait for the big meeting next month'
And if you are interested in any of these, you'll love LoMo
- Agile and Lean
- Open Space Technology and Unconference
- Lean Start Up
- Clean Communication, Radical Honesty and Servant Leadership
- Managing Your Chimp, Steve Peters style
We'd love you to join us.