Saturday, 8 April 2017 from 10:00 to 15:00 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
1 Day Course
Time: 10:00AM - 3.00PM
Have you ever felt that you could be getting more from your digital camera? Would you like to unlock its full potential? If so, this day-long course is for you. Discover Photography is aimed at complete beginners who own a digital camera with manual settings but aren’t sure how to use them. The course will help you take creative control of your camera. The course will introduce you to your camera’s manual settings and teach you how to use them. By the end of the day, you will be able to creatively use these settings to achieve a wide range of photographic techniques and effects. During the course, you’ll learn the fundamentals of photography, such as how to set the correct exposures, what the relationship is between aperture, shutter speed and ISO, and how to make the most of each lens. After completing ‘Discover Photography’ you will fully understand how to operate your digital camera and be ready to take better photographs. The course is led by an award-winning photographer.
Completing this course will enable you to do the following and more:
- Colour temperature and white balance
- Operating the camera in semi-automatic and manual modes
- Depth of field
- How the aperture and shutter speed affect the image
- A practical exercise which explores the effects of aperture and shutter speed
- Focal length, angle of view and perspective
Course requirements: You will need a DSLR camera or a digital camera with manual settiongs. You may also wish to bring a notebook and something to write with.
Before booking a place on any of our courses please ensure that you have read our booking policy.
Save This Event
When & Where
Westland Place Studios
Westland Place Studios, one of the oldest established art and design studios in Hoxton, London. All of our tutors have professional experience within the creative industries, many have taught at leading art and design institutions including the Royal College of Art.
Our clients include: The BBC, Publicis, NBCUniversal, Giorgio Armani & Sony.
• Learn from creative industry professionals
• Small class sizes – a maximum of 6 students
• Adobe certified expert tutors
• A unique and truly creative learning environment
• Fully equipped digital training studio
• Conveniently located near Old Street tube station