This is an 1 day Introduction course to Spearfishing in the beautiful waters found around the North Wales coastline with lunch provided.
The course is aimed at beginners with predominant focus on safety and awareness . Spearfishing is an exhilarating experience offering those partaking a view of the oceans you do not see from the shore. This sustainable method of fishing/foraging in our UK waters ensures that the catch is not only species specific but its legal size before catching, causing no unnecessary harm or stress.
You will leave the day with a better understanding of spearfishing with a real desire to do it more see our other Spearfishing courses.
Core elements of course :
- Introduction to safety awareness & theory
- What you may see - Recognition of species- Legal sizes
- Breath hold techniques
- Dive Technique Training
- Handling your speargun safely, loading unloading
- Opportunity to observe and collect crustaceans such as crabs. lobsters, molluscs and seaweed
How the day will look :
- 9:30 am Welcome with warm tea and introduction.
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm Safety, theory, your equipment, techniques.
- 12:00 p.m - 12:30 pm LUNCH - Butties/Fruit & Energy bar provided as part of your course !!
- 12:30 p.m - 14:30 pm IN THE WATER-Looking for crustaceans and who knows you may even get a catch.
- 14:30 p.m - 15:00 pm BACK ON DRY LAND - Hot cuppa tea - cleaning and cooking your catch ( crab/lobster)
You will only require to bring a towel, swimming attire and snacks.
What we will provide:
- Diving Fins
- Weights/Mask and snorkel
- Safety Buoy
You are welcome to bring your own equipment, if not there is a £50 refundable deposit needed for all above.
Come on dive in you wont know if you like it until you have tried !!