Actions and Detail Panel
Diverse City and Funky Llama, Theatre Royal Plymouth present The Inclusive...
Fri 21 April 2017, 10:00 – 17:00 BST
A unique opportunity to experience inclusive rehearsal practice with award winning company Diverse City
Led by experienced artists drawn from Extraordinary Bodies integrated circus company, this training will give you the tools and the confidence to widen access and participation to the performing arts, for disabled and diverse people equally. The session is aimed at performers, directors, facilitators and teachers across the arts.
What will you learn?
• Confidence in welcoming diverse participants
• Awareness of concepts in inclusive practice
• How to extend and innovate your performance practice
• Practical steps to widen arts participation
What will we do?
• Explore through discussion and practical activities how our work changes when we consider access.
• Observe inclusive rehearsals and performance, understanding what is surprising, different or interesting, questioning how it relates to each of our arts practice and training.
• Understand our challenges and fears when it comes to diversity and disability, exploring a range of practical concepts and reflective practice.
• Take part in a discussion about how we can influence inclusive arts in Plymouth and beyond.
If you have any questions about the day, please contact Louise at Diverse City: firstname.lastname@example.org
For booking enquiries contact Sara at Sara.Baldwin@theatreroyal.com or on +441752230378
Become an active ambassador for inclusive practice, working to transform the South West into an example of best practice in creative diversity.
“We have had a mind-blowing day." Weymouth College
Please note: A booking form will be sent to you from Theatre Royal Plymouth to ensure we have gathered further information regarding access and participation requirements.
(Lunch and refreshments provided)