San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Ever wondered how an LED display works? How to create images by programming them, and create your a video game using buttons?
Well come and spend 3 hours developing, discovering and acquiring some of the skills to program your very first LED display and see how it can be used to create a game game! Learn and enhance your understanding of game mechanics and the world of programming and how you can produce new images and interactive experiences.
What will you learn?
- How to solder and build your handheld console
- Connect up your gamer platform to the wonderful world of Arduino! The favourite open source hardware hacking platform.
- The basics of how to program microcontrollers.
- How to make images on LED dot matrixes. Understand how the electronics are used to make the matrix work.
There are 2 types of tickets:
• Single Ticket WITH DIY Gamer Kit: Includes 1x DIY Gamer Kit for you to build and take home after
• Single Ticket WITHOUT DIY Gamer Kit: For those who have already bought a DIY Gamer Kit but want to come to a workshops to learn more and put it together.
The class is suitable for ages 9+ and all skill levels, with no experience necessary, just a love of gaming, making and a lot of enthusiasm.This workshop includes all the components, tools and instruction you need to build your own handheld games platform.