Actions and Detail Panel
Doing Business in India - Clinic
Wed 29 March 2017, 10:00 – 13:00 BST
We’re offering a preliminary 1:2:1 meeting with our market specialists to discuss the market, your entry plans and details of the support available.
Ameeta Virk - Market Specialist - India
Originally from California, Ameeta has worked in a range of sectors, including founding an interior design firm in San Francisco, English Language teaching and training in Spain, China, UK and the US, and pharmaceutical sales. Upon moving to the UK, she co-founded an ecommerce company focusing on the eco childrenswear market. After selling the company in 2013 she consulted for a portfolio of designer childrenswear brands seeking to enter the UK marketplace. Ameeta holds a degree in Epidemiology from the University of California, Irvine and is fluent in Hindi and Punjabi.
Extend Your Global Reach is a unique programme which helps your company secure new international business in the high growth markets of Latin America, South East Asia, China and India, through intensive commercial and strategic assistance.
Over a period of up to two years, our locally based market specialists and ‘in-market’ delivery partners will work closely with your team to deliver a comprehensive market entry strategy, from inception through to execution. Support is tailored to company needs and can include:
- Assessment of viability and competitiveness of product/service
- Market readiness and market entry planning
- Defining of market research and facilitating in-territory support
- Commercial risk assessment, pricing and marketing strategy
- Identifying and developing contacts
- Evaluation of the viability of opportunities
- Market visit support to meet prospective buyers/distributors
- Business development and sales support
- Negotiations and post-sales support to ensure export market sustainability
Extend Your Global Reach is available to South West SMEs with at least £2m annual turnover and sufficient resources to invest into market entry in the chosen market (LatAm, India, China or SE Asia).