*Gulf Cooperation Council – Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates
This free, half-day conference is designed to give in-house counsel advising businesses in the GCC states a better understanding of the laws and business dynamics of the region.
Issues to be covered include:
- Opportunities for investment in the region.
- Regional variations and Dubai as a hub.
- Contractual issues and joint ventures.
- Disputes and arbitration.
- Islamic finance.
- Anti-bribery and corruption.
- Diligence and KYC.
- OFAC and sanctions.
- Cultural understanding for those from outside the region.
- Darryl Coulter, Solicitor and Group Legal Manager, Celerant Consulting
- Kim Hilton, Head of Regulatory Law, Everything Everywhere
- Anthony Kenny, Chief Counsel - Europe, Boston Consulting Group
- Tim Odell, Director, Deputy General Counsel, Citigroup
- Simon Zinger, Group General Counsel, Aegis Group plc
Our keynote speaker is Jane Kinninmont, Senior Research Fellow on the Middle East and North Africa Programme at Chatham House. Ms Kinninmont will set out the economic and political landscape.
At this event:
- Senior in-house counsel will share their experiences doing business in the region.
- There will be breakout sessions to review recent developments, finance, investment, contractual issues and more.
- Our sponsor, Norton Rose LLP, will provide strategic and technical input. Speakers from the firm with extensive experience in the region include Farmida Bi, Partner, Alan Bainbridge, Partner, Michael Godden, Partner and Peter Hall, Partner.
The event is only open to in-house counsel. Places are limited so please book early.
8.30am – 9.00am Registration and coffee
9.00am – 9.30am Keynote
9.30am – 10.30am Panel discussion
10.30am –10.55am Coffee
10.55am – 11.40am Breakouts
· Introduction to the GCC
· Dispute resolution
11.45am – 12.30pm Contractual issues and joint ventures
12.30pm - 13.30pm Networking lunch
Thank you to Norton Rose LLP for its sponsorship of this programme.
When & Where
Association of Corporate Counsel
The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is a global bar association that promotes the common professional and business interests of more than 30,000 in-house counsel in 75+ countries who work for corporations, associations and other private-sector organizations through information, education, networking opportunities and advocacy initiatives.