‘DOING THINGS DIFFERENTLY’ is a phrase that is frequently used in the context of both enforced and welcomed change. Of course change is happening!!!
Doing Things Differently is a space where public, third, community and academic sector partners can share their challenges and expectations of each other, and explore where and how they can do more together differently to meet our thriving, inclusive and compassionate city aspirations.
It is an opportunity for sector partners to talk about how they can use their collective resources, skills, individual ways of working and relationships to respond to service pressures and diminishing budgets.
Doing Things Differently is a joint event between the Leeds Third Sector Partnership and LeedsACTS! (Academic Collaboration with the Third Sector) and is the first of a programme of events and workshops – creating space for conversations that can generate solutions and lead to actions and a culture shift that helps Leeds to deliver on its ambitions.
We invite you to a different kind of space … no stage, no tables, open space …
- Where colleagues from the public, academic, third and community sectors are invited to share their key challenges
- Where partners including the Council, NHS, Universities and the Police can be clear about their expectations of communities, the third sector and other partners over the next few years
- An opportunity for the Third Sector to share their challenges and their anxieties and enthusiasm for the change ahead
- A showcase of some examples of where things are being ‘done differently to deliver positive outcomes'
- A flexible space to encourage the right conversations to take place with the right people on the issues they want to get to grips with
- A focus on solutions and action not just talking
There will also be an opportunity for organisations to do a Shout Out about what their organisation is doing differently. If you would like to do a Shout Out, please let us know in advance of the event.
For more information, please contact Sonja.Woodcock@val.org.uk
* If you have any additional needs, please email with the details so we can make the necessary arrangements.