Actions and Detail Panel
Domestic Abuse Perpetrator Awareness Training (DAPAT)
Fri 17 February 2017, 09:30 – 16:30 GMT
Empower staff to work confidently with victims and perpetrators of domestic abuse. To make enquires into abusive instances, identify, engage and risk assess perpetrators of domestic abuse. Identify referral pathways for perpetrators and victims and appropriate advice and information.
**Please note: You can change the selected date of when you would like to attend. We have multiple dates available.**
Increase the confidence of multi-agency staff to identify and assess risk when working with perpetrators of domestic abuse. To effectively assess the risk posed to the victims through proactive engagement with the perpetrator.
- 1. Provide an overview of domestic abuse and the impact on the victim / family in context to the perpetrator and their behaviour.
- 2. Improve ability to recognise the different dynamics of domestic abuse in both the perpetrator and victim.
- 3. Empower multi-agency staff to work confidently with perpetrators and make inquiries into abusive incidences.
- 4. Explore the impact of a non-judgemental relationship.
- 5. Explore the importance of effective language.
- 6. Provide appropriate risk management systems including risk monitoring tools to assist in identifying risk associated with the perpetrator and the victim.
- 7. Identify appropriate referral and relevant safeguarding procedures for both perpetrators and victims.
Brought to you by Ahimsa & Twelves Company