Upskilling Door Supervisors Qualification
In March 2012 the SIA announced the intention to require existing door supervisors who had achieved the pre-QCF Door Supervision qualification (for example the National Certificate for Door Supervision) to undertake additional training in order to renew their licence.
HABC have been involved in discussions with the SIA to develop a new qualification that will meet these new requirements for SIA Door Supervisor licence renewals.
The new qualification comprises the following two mandatory units:
- Physical Intervention Skills for the Private Security Industry; assessed by a practical test and a written True/False test which is set by HABC and marked by the tutor.
- Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors; assessed by a 10-question multiple-choice examination which is set by HABC and marked by the tutor.
The new Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors unit of assessment and workbook have been developed to cover the following subjects within the security sector:
- Counter Terrorism
- First Aid Awareness
- Dealing with Children and Young People
When & Where
Capricorn Security and Training Ltd
Welcome to Capricorn Security and Training
Our team is proud to offer qualifications, training& security support for individuals, companies and large organisations.
We are a fresh, forward-thinking training company with a wealth of experience and a determination to offer a high level of affordable training courses for individuals and companies
Training that matters:
Our courses range from short 2-hour seminars to intensive training to fully meet your requirements and obtain your ambition.
Capricorn Training provides you with:
- Experienced Trainers with invaluable industry insight
- No gimmicks, jargon or timewasting games- just straight-talking, clearly delivered relevant courses
- Resources & course materials to enhance your learning experience
- Recognized, approved & certified qualifications
- Free examination re-takes
- Speedy results
- Assistance completing all official documentation
- ‘Pathway’ advice for your personal & professional development
- Competitive rates for courses & exams
We can support large or small companies to:
- Fulfill their legal obligations in line with current legislations
- Promote good practice
- Boost morale & your workforces knowledge
- Enhance productivity & motivation
- Develop your company image & levels of professionalism
- Identify the courses to greater develop your teams’ skillset
Our team can offer:
- Bespoke training solutions for your unique requirements& objectives
- Training held within your own workplace& therefore more time efficient & economical
- One to one or large group seminars
- Flexible sessions to suit your employees- day, evening or weekends
- Training resources, materials & official documentation to fulfill your obligations
- On-going support & advice