We're taking the DOVER Student Makers Market to the Dover Tudor Festival in Pencester gardens on Saturday 1st October from 10am to 4pm (tbc).
Again- huge thanks to Future Foundry and Dover Big Local for supporting this exciting new programme of markets and training.
Not just for students - any young maker aged between 16 and 30 is invited to come and sell on the market. You can meet other makers, sell your products, come to workshops and take part in events across Kent.
All stalls are FREE and priority will be given to makers living in and around Dover.
If you are a new trader we will be in touch with a few questions to make sure you are eligible to take part. We can also help you get ready for the day, so let us know if you need a hand with presentation or pricing or would just like a chat!
Guidelines for Taking Part:
- Please arrive in Pencester Gardens at 8.30 for set up.
- If you have booked a stall and will be late arriving please contact the team to let them know you are still coming - as otherwise you may lose your stall.
- All stalls need to be ready to trade by 10am (or before) and not packed away until after the market has officially finished. This is really important so please arrange to be there all day.
- Everyone is expected to help unload the van and rig the market and not leave until the whole market is packed up and back in the van.
- We will supply gazebo's, tables and table covers but bring anything you need to create your display
- Anyone manning the stall with you has to be between 16 and 30 years old
- Remember to bring change for your customers, to clearly price your items and think about bags or how your customers will take their purchases home!
- There is no power at the market.
- Be prepared for the weather!
- Check out the video's on our website for top tips www.futurefoudry.org.uk
Join the Dover Student Makers Network, follow Student Makers Market on Facebook to find out more about the exciting range of makers, artists, stalls, and workshops we'll have each month. Join the Student Makers Opportunities group for networking, opportunities and updates.