Actions and Detail Panel
Down by the River
Fri, 25 Aug 2017, 12:00 – Sun, 27 Aug 2017, 17:00 BST
"A not-for-profit festival powered by the people for the people"
**August Bank Holiday weekend (25th-27th Aug 2017)**
DOWN BY THE RIVER is back. And this year promises to be better than ever. Expect the usual mash up of bands, theatre, workshops, talks, art, dance, sports, DJs and most importantly a procession down to the river for the annual dip!
Tickets for adults (over 16s) will remain only £25 for the weekend (+ 2 hrs volunteering) - price includes camping.
This year kids (5yrs to 16yrs) are £10. Under 5yrs go free.
As always we need your help to make it happen. At the checkout you will be requested to pick your team and sign up for your 2 hour shift before you come. Its important you give the correct arrival and departure times so your shift can be arranged for a time you can do it!
Extra info about the 2 hour volunteering....
1. A one hour workshop equals two hours of volunteering, as we allow for the time you took to prepare it!
2. Don't be put off by the title 'workshop' - this could be any enjoyable activity you organise which we can advertise and other people can participate in.
3. We are particularly keen on people offering to come early, have free camping and help us set up the festival. This would be a days volunteering (10am - 5pm) instead of 2 hours but you would be given free lunch, coffee, cream tea and camping. You would then be free to have fun during the actual festival.
4. We're looking for 'talks' too. Are you an expert in Chemistry? Mathematics? The Fall of the Roman Empire? If so, we'd like you to talk about it.
5. Can you do magic tricks? Walkabout?
6. If you're not sure whether your workshop offering is suitable, speak to Liz-07796 048755.
7. We would love it if you would like to take more of a leadership role. We are very keen on people offering to manage a meal. You would be allocated lots of volunteers. Please email if you have any question: firstname.lastname@example.org