Actions and Detail Panel
Downe Winter Pruning Workshop (weekday)
Fri 27 January 2017, 10:00 – 15:00 GMT
Join us for a day of pruning the apple trees at Downe Community Orchard with expert Bob Lever. You will:
- Learn how to prune younger apple trees, including local Kentish varieties
- Develop your understanding of common fruit tree management challenges from vigorous trees to trees in poor condition.
- Discover the appropriate tools for pruning younger trees
- Gain practical experience of pruning to look after your Community Orchard
It's useful to know...
- The training will be outdoors, bring appropriate clothing and a packed lunch
- There's a maximum of 12 people per workshop giving you the best chance to learn
- We will provide tea and refreshments
- Everyone is welcome, no experience necessary