The CCSU Midwifery Society are pleased to present this RCM accredited study day, provided by the Down’s Syndrome Association, aimed at students and all health professionals working in fetal medicine, maternity and neonatal services including midwives, nurses, paediatricians, sonographers and health visitors.
Tell it Right aims to provide information about:
- Down’s syndrome that is balanced, accurate and up-to-date
- How best to support expectant parents through the screening process
- How best to impart information to parents and families, following a pre/post-natal diagnosis of Down’s syndrome
- Some common issues which may affect a baby with Down’s syndrome in the early weeks of life.
Tell it Right also aims to encourage delegates to reflect on:
- The decision making process related to screening
- The parents’ perspective
- Life for a person with Down’s syndrome
We hope to be joined by parents who will share their experiences and also by a person with Down’s syndrome who will talk about their life.
Please bring lunch to the event as this will not be provided on the day. The provision room booking is Ng07, however please provide an email address so that you are contactable in case of room change or any other event specific information.