Following the publication of the DPP’s UHD Specification and the NABA / DPP HD Specifications, the DPP is holding a PlugFest to help support the industry’s implementation of these specifications.
The purpose of the PlugFest is to facilitate the exchange and testing of files so that equipment capable of creating, reading or validating AS-11 X1 (DPP UHD), X8 (NABA|DPP HD MPEG2) and X9 (NABA|DPP HD AVC) files can gain real world feedback across a range of vendor implementations.
The agenda for the day is:
· 09:00 - 10:00 - Attendee access to set up equipment
· 10:00 - 11:00 - Formal start - to include information recap session on AS-11 specifications
· 11:00 - 15:30 - Overall time for file exchange and testing
· 13:00 - 14:00 - Lunch available
· 14:30 - 15:30 - Developer deep dive breakout session
· 15:30 - 16:00 - Wrap up, results presentation and next steps
· 16:00 - 17:00 - Technical wrap and de-rig
To facilitate the exchange of files, we will be bringing along a number of USB drives, each of which will be pre-loaded with the relevant DPP sample files.
Below are the links to each of the individual specifications and sample files where available:
· AS-11 X1 - DPP UHD specification
· DPP UHD delivery specification
· DPP UHD sample files
· AS-11 X8 - NABA DPP HD (MPEG-2) specification
· AS-11 X9 - NABA DPP HD (AVC) specification
· NABA DPP HD delivery specification
This event is open to all Manufacturers & Suppliers, both DPP Members and Non-Members.
If you aren’t a DPP Member are interested in finding out about the full range of benefits of membership, you can contact us for further information.
This event has been designed to coincide with the first UK based HPA Retreat at which you can hear the latest from world leaders in production, post and delivery of television and cinema on UHD, HDR, VR, AR and much more.
A discount for the HPA Retreat is available for DPP Members. Enter code DPPTR at the checkout for £50 off your registration fee.