Actions and Detail Panel
Drugs and Alcohol (2 Day Training)
Thu, 17 Nov 2016, 09:30 – Thu, 1 Dec 2016, 16:30 GMT
The Training is for those who work with young people, directly or indirectly, around Wiltshire who may be involved in substance misuse issues and also for those who may wish to generally update their knowledge on information around Drugs and Alcohol.
The 2 Day Workshop (Day One 17th November, Day Two on 1st December) has been designed as a basic foundation course to increase knowledge and understanding of drug and alcohol use, locally and nationally.
- Understand both historical and present use of Drugs in the UK (street names, brands, prices, availability)
- Understand physical and psychological effects of Drugs and Alcohol misuse
- Understand and be aware of UK Legislation, including up to date penalties
- Explore and understand links with drug misuse and mental health issues (both long term and short term)
- Explore different attitudes, stereotypes and judgments regarding YP and drug and alcohol use
- Be aware of local and national support services available for YP and know how and where to access these services.
- Explore Harm Reduction Strategies