The course will benefit anyone who works with individuals who use drugs or alcohol.
Aims of the course
The one day training course aims to equip participants with knowledge and explore approaches to working with people who use substances in order to promote wellbeing.
Objectives of the course
Participants will learn how to:
- Explore the spectrum from recreational substance use to addiction
- Gain an understanding of the ways in which people achieve change in their lives
- Gain skills to promote recovery, harm reduction and wellbeing in those who use substances
- Recognise the importance of our own wellbeing as practitioners
- Explore the challenges and fears of working with this client group
- Increase confidence in working with people who use substances.