Drugs and Alcohol in the Workplace - A Masterclass for Employers
Wednesday, 26 April 2017 from 09:00 to 10:30 (BST)
This masterclass is targeted at small business owners or managers who want to understand more about how to address issues with alcohol and drugs in the work place.
At The HR Dept we frequently get asked:
- I have an employee who smells of alcohol, what should I do?
- I suspect an employee has a drug addiction but Im not sure how to raise it?
- How do I test my staff for drugs?
- My employee gets drunk and does not come to work and its causing my business problems, what can I do?
If this sounds familiar then this masterclass delivered by the experts at Recovery4Life will leave you feeling more informed and able to address these issues.
You are not alone. Studies have found 75 per cent of people using drugs are actually in employment and 44 per cent of those individuals admit to having sold drugs to their colleagues in the workplace. Substance misuse (drugs & alcohol) and unsupported poor mental health are estimated to cost UK industry over 30 billion pounds a year.
These figures do not address the widespread misuse of prescribed and over the counter medication for pain relief, resulting in undiagnosed addiction which can pose a major risk in the workplace (particularly if used with alcohol).
The commercial risks posed not only include workplace accidents, they can affect:
Reputation Absenteeism Presentism
Productivity Staff turnover Theft
This short master class will cover:
- How to spot alcohol and substance misuse in the workplace
- Your duty of care as an employer
- Understanding and minimising its impacts in the workplace
- Understanding testing and how to apply it in your business
- Complying with the equality act and remaining legally compliant
Recovery4Life is a specialist testing, training and treatment service. For businesses, the company offers targeted screening and follow up programmes, helping them to support their employees while also managing corporate risks associated with substance misuse and mental health problems.
HR Dept Newcastle offers a flexible and affordable outsourced Hr and employment law solution that covers your business against financial losses and people issues by providing a personal, pragmatic and local HR support.
We intentionally keep our groups small to enable time for discussion and questions, therefore early booking is essential.
Click here to find out more about The HR Dept and how we support small businesses.
Save This Event
When & Where
The HR Dept Newcastle
Providing HR support and advice to businesses based in the Newcastle, South Tyneside and Gateshead area. This includes:
* Creating tailored employment contracts and employment policies that protect your business
* Dismissing employees fairly (backed up with employment tribunal insurance)
* Recruiting exceptional staff
* Psychometric testing and Occupational Personality Questionnaires (OPQs)
* Retaining and incentivising top performing employees
* Workforce Planning
* TUPE transfers (backed up with employment tribunal insurance)
* Absence and Performance Management
* Disciplinary and Grievance Investigations
The HR Dept works with a wide range of businesses including:
* Professional services
* Engineers, construction companies and Trades
* Property and estate agents
* High tech, web and IT companies