Actions and Detail Panel
Drugs and Alcohol Training - Engaging motivation and starting to change beh...
Wed 7 December 2016, 09:45 – 16:30 GMT
Aim: To increase trainees’ effectiveness in engaging with service users and building their motivation to undertake change.
- To give trainees a refresher (or brief grounding) in the theoretical background to techniques of engaging motivation, e.g. transactional analysis, drama triangle, cycle of change.
- To give trainees a grounding in the basic priciples of engaging motivation.
- To give due consideration to issues of safeguarding children and protecting vulnerable adults.
- To value and expand the skills trainees already have.
- To practise some of the essential skills of engaging motivation.
Who should attend:
Any staff who have contact with service users conduct assessments or reviews, staff who wish to improve their engagement skills.