Actions and Detail Panel
Dry Lining & H&S + CSCS (with Keepmoat Group) (Barking & Dagenham) - W/C 30...
Tue 30 May 2017, 09:30 – 16:30 BST
Short Course Training in Interior Systems (Dry Lining), Health and Safety and CSCS (Level 1):
Dry lining is the fastest growing trade in the construction industry and is lacking skilled workers across the whole of London and the South East. It’s a trade that has various sectors which are all interlinked.
What is dry lining: Dry lining is technically the covering of a background surface with a plaster substitute; Masonry, block work and generally brickwork are unacceptable as a finish not only for aesthetic reasons but also because they generally are not as true as a plastered finish. Dry lining is the fitting of plasterboard or a board material similar to plasterboard to any surface instead of a hard plaster
To prepare you for work we are also offering complete Health and Safety in the Workplace and CSCS training. CSCS is the leading skills certification scheme within the UK construction industry.
CSCS cards provide proof that individuals working on construction sites have the required training and qualifications for the type of work they carry out.
The Scheme keeps a database of people working in construction who have achieved, or are committed to achieving a recognised construction related qualification. Most principal contractors and major house builders require construction workers on their sites to hold a valid CSCS card.
Ixion is offering fully funded 15 day courses running over a period of three weeks (full-time) at a venue near you. The course will result in EDEXCEL accredited training in the following units:
The 15 Days course includes Work Experience with Keepmoat Group
- CSCS card
Accredited Units at Level 1 (L1)
- Installing Dry Linings and Encasements in the Workplace
- Installing Dry Lining Partition Systems
With the following being covered in the above units;
- Interpret the given information relating to the work and resources when installing dry lining partition systems
- Complying with relevant legislation and official guidance when installing dry linings and encasements.
- Maintain safe working practices when installing dry lining partition systems
- Completing work within the allocated time when installing dry lining partition/encasement systems
We’ll provide qualified trainers, personal protective equipment, refreshments and lunch together with the expertise and insights required to move you towards a career in the construction industry.
- * Unemployed aged 18-24
- * Unemployed aged 25+ and have been unemployed for over 6 months (including Work Programme returners)
- * Living in one of the following London Boroughs: London Central (Southwark, Camden, Lambeth, Lewisham, Wandsworth, Kensington and Chelsea, Westminster) London North and East (Hackney, Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Enfield, Greenwich, Islington, Redbridge, Newham) : See postcode checker below
- * UK Resident & right to work in the UK
Call Centre: 01245 254875 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org