This one day or three evening DSLR Video course is aimed at complete beginners who own a DSLR Camera and want to maximise the video capabilities of the camera. Participants are not required to have any prior knowledge of photography.
The course is set in a classroom environment and participants are taught theory, supported by creative practical exercises both inside and outdoors.
Each participant will learn how to fully operate their Video DSLR, the various shooting modes, the photographic principles behind creating video and will be introduced to the basic principles of videography.
Participants will be provided with a course handout and are also invited to bring along a dslr film clip for discussion.
For further information or to book over the phone, please call us at the office on 020 7608 0000.
Understanding the camera
- Setting up the camera for video
- Camera buttons / functions
- Manual exposure
- Shutter speed
- Light meter
- Depth of field
- Pull focus
- White balance
- Shooting techniques / handling the camera
- Framing and composition
- Colour profiles
- Media Codecs / Video Files
- Transferring footage to a computer
- Memory cards (which are best for video)
- Publishing video to Youtube / Vimeo
- Location shooting
- One-on-one assistance
- Demonstrating learned skills
- Demonstration of pro equipment (shoulder rig / follow focus)
Requirements: Digital SLR Camera with video capabilities, spare battery, minimum 8GB memory card.
Don't have your own DSLR camera?
If you don't have your own Digital SLR camera then there's no need to worry. You can hire one of ours for £15 per day.